Thursday, August 12, 2004

From Kazakhstan with love...

Just got back from KLIA. MIG Records called me up and insists that I welcome their 'golden star', Waheeda, back from the Voice Of Asia Festival 2004. I was curious about their insistence and when Waheeda greeted me (with eye bags and long-haul-flight-oily-skin and all), I found out why.

Waheeda had won third prize in the annual music festival and according to MIG Records executives and Waheeda herself, my song, Binafsha, was one of the main reasons. Waheeda then proceeded to tell me that after her performance, Alan Roy Scott (who has produced such stars as Celine Dion, Notorious B.I.G., Gloria Estefan, Sheena Easton, Ray Charles, among others) commended her on her music (YES!!!) and performance. I guess most of you in Malaysia will be reading about it in the papers/magazines (watch out for Media Hiburan in particular!) really soon. Anyway, thank you, Waheeda, and welcome home!



Trabye's take: It's a pity I'm in Malaysia. I might have gotten a break internationally... (who am I kidding?) : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home