Friday, February 11, 2005

Things that go THUMP! (all day)

For the past month I have a new wake-up call: a sledgehammer or a jackhammer. It never fails to provide me with this invaluable service every day (except Sunday) at 8:30am. The problem is, the hammering persists until about 10:00am where they break for coffee and continue till lunch, half an hour later.

The real story is, my neighbour is renovating their house rather elaborately. The reconstruction process takes about 3 months to complete and so far, it's been only a month. I have been losing sleep due to this cause I can't possibly work during the day amidst all the hammering, so I have no choice but to work throughout the night. Having done that, as I begin to doze off, it's time for the hammer to start their shift... on and on until April!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home