Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Free at last...!

At least for now.

Two of the heavier jobs this month have been completed... and not a moment too soon! The experience of it was somewhat intense. First, the artiste was not available for the first session due to unforseen circumstances. Second, no other studio time was available. Third, after sourcing out and finding a new studio to work with, the new place was under threat of eviction by the landlord due to some problems with the previous management. Fourth, I had to do the entire violin session while having my back problem. Fifth, the backup vocalist didn't answer or return my call, so I had to do all the BVs myself (it was luck that got Waheeda to come in at the 11th hour to record the last bits of BVs with me). Sixth, mixed the music SIX times (I got it right on all six but FELT right on the last one!). Seventh, when D-Day came, the studio engineer went AWOL and had to wait for the boss to come down to the studio himself to transfer the Production Master DAT.

It was SO the opposite when we did Rabbani, once upon a time. On the Anta Ya Rahman production it's like, day 1: load the music, day 2: sing all the parts, day 3: mix and hand in master. Albeit the pre-production DID take like two weeks but smooth sailing, it certainly was.

Morale of the story: no two productions are the same and that's what I love about this job: it's different ALL the time and there's ALWAYS a next time for you to get better! I wish I can say the same about my love life. Enough philosophy for the insane: I'm off to the gym now (first day! woo hoo!)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home