Thursday, August 24, 2006

Glorious!

I don't care... I'm celebrating!

Today was my best round of golf to date. Sad as it may sound, I shot a 91 today (shot a 90 two days back but today's better as you'll see). Since AJ suggested playing at the Guthrie Golf Academy last month, I have not been able to produce a decent shot for the last 6 outings... until today. After 2 months, I finally made my first par. YES, PAR! Two of them, even! (yes, yes, sedih kan?)

The lower score of last Tuesday was nothing compared to what happened today, especially at the dreaded par-3 14th hole. Starting with the Lake 9, I've been hitting left of the target all day long. As I teed off, the ball carried the shorter side of the water and landed at the left of the green. I pitched with a sand wedge, trying to get onto the dancefloor but fell just a bit short. Still outside the green, I pitched again. The ball bounced once and rolled... nearer and nearer to the pin an suddenly, PLONK! My first par was a chip, a pin-seeker and was from outside the putting green. The couple I played through at this hole applauded, even. Bangganya... macam main tourney pulak. :P

Later at the Palm 9, I hit two GIRs on the 3rd and the 5th, the latter being my second par. Earlier this morning, I gave a sheepish excuse to my wife that I wanted to reward myself today with a round of golf for completing yesterday's hectic tasks... I'm glad that I played today... I'm ever more confident with my game now.

Next target, the elusive birdie...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home